How To Redeem American Airlines Miles: Middle East, India, Africa
This post is part of the series How To Redeem American Airlines AAdvantage Miles
Let’s talk about how to redeem American Airlines miles for flights to Middle East, India and Africa. This is probably one of the better ways to redeem AA miles. Redeeming AA miles for these regions require searching for availability on their Middle Eastern partners Qatar Airways and Etihad. Checking availability for Etihad flights can be easily done on their website. Qatar’s availability can be found on British Airways website.
AAdvantage Awards to Middle East, India, Africa – Pricing
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Sri Lanka
- Equatorial Guinea
- South Africa
AAdvantage Awards to Middle East, India, Africa – Searching for availability (ETIHAD AIRLINES)
- Go to Etihad’s Website and select “Book flights with miles”
- Enter your “From” and “To” airports, desired date of departure, select cabin class and click search
- You’ll see the available flights and the number of seats available. You should be looking for availability under “Guest Seat”. As you can see below, you’d only be able to book the 10:15 flight that has 4 available award seats
- The number of miles shown here is the number of Etihad Guest miles you’d need if you booked the flight with Etihad. However, in this case you’ll pay 115,000 AAdvantage miles for the flight from Abu Dhabi to JFK in First class.
- In order to book this flight with AAdvantage, you have to call (800) 882-8880.
- When you speak to an agent; give them the dates, route and cabin class you need to book. They should be able to see the same availability you see on Etihad’s website website.
AAdvantage Awards to Middle East, India, Africa – Searching for availability (QATAR AIRWAYS)
- Go to British Airways and log in to your account
- Select “Book with Avios” from the drop down menu on the left
- Enter your “From” and “To” airports and desired date of departure and click search
- Always select “NO” when you’re asked for a stop over because this will show you only British Airways flights. Also, you can’t book a stop over with AAdvantage.
- You’ll see the available flights and the number of seats available in each cabin class.
- Don’t worry about the number of miles shown here. This is the number of British Airways Avios you’d need if you booked the flight with British Airways. However, in this case you’ll pay 70,000 AAdvantage miles for the flight you found with available seats from the U.S. to the Middle East
- In order to book this flight with AAdvantage, you’ll also have to call (800) 882-8880.
AAdvantage Awards to Middle East, India and Africa Bottom Line:
Redeeming American Airlines miles to Middle East, India and Africa can be very easy if you have little flexibility with your travel dates. The best way to find availability is to book as far in advance as you possibly can. Trying to find availability in business or first class from the US to Middle East, India and Africa can be pretty difficult. However, finding availability in the opposite direction tends to be much easier.
In the meantime you can use my “Book Award Travel” form to get my help on your next award trip.
If you have any questions please comment below, tweet me @pointspointers or email me at email@example.com