Amex Platinum Uber Credits Available Today
Earlier in the month Amex announced some changes to their Amex Platinum benefits that would take effect March 30th – Today. A major benefit that would be useful to a lot of people is the Amex Platinum Uber Credits.
Let me recap all the changes that are taking effect today:
- Uber Rides with Platinum. With your Platinum Card, you’ll receive $15 in Uber credits for U.S. rides every month plus a $20 bonus in December. That’s up to $200 for Uber rides annually.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points for prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Complimentary Additional Gold Cards.
- The Platinum Card will have a new annual fee of $550 and your annual fee will not change until your annual renewal date on or after September 1st, 2017.
- Bring 2 guests to a Priority Pass Lounge.
- The card will have a new metal design.
How to Activate Amex Platinum Uber Credits:
- All you have to do is link your American Express Platinum Card to your Uber account, which you can do by adding it as one of the payment options. You don’t actually have to pay using your Platinum Card in order to receive the credit.
- You’ll see the option to use the credit on your next ride.
- This is a monthly credit; your first credit for March will expire on April 1st, so make sure to use it ASAP.
- The great news is that it seems like the credit applies to Uber Eats as well. So this makes the $200 annual credit much more useful!
Once you link your card you’ll receive a confirmation email with the following information:
Here are the benefits you’ll now receive with Uber:
- $15 in Uber credits each month for rides in the US, and an extra $20 credit every December with your Platinum Card Membership. That can mean up to $200 annually in Uber savings!;
- As a Platinum Card Member, you’re also automatically enrolled in Uber VIP status with access to drivers who have earned top user ratings.
For the best experience getting these benefits, be sure to download the latest version of the Uber app.
Terms of your new benefits with Uber
Your monthly ride credits can be applied to any Uber ride in the US. However, unused Amex credits will expire on the last day of each month. Credits will be available for use on the first day of each month. It’s also important for you to know that Uber VIP status is only available in select cities.
The Uber credits are very limiting since they’re not a total of $200 per year. They’re $15 ($35 for December) monthly credits that expire if not used by the end of each month. This benefit is very useful if you’re a regular Uber customer; this can effectively offset the annual fee by $200. At first I thought this benefit will be useless to me since I rarely use Uber. However, now that it seems to work on Uber Eats; it makes the credit much more useful for me.
If you have any questions please comment below, tweet me @pointspointers or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org