Earn 50,000 Bonus AAdvantage Miles with Citi AAdvantage Platinum Card
Even after the devaluation of AAdvantage miles, they are still one of the most lucrative miles currencies on the market. Now you can earn 50,000 Bonus AAdvantage Miles with Citi AAdvantage Platinum Card after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Enjoy Group 1 boarding on domestic American Airlines flights.
- Your first checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines flights for you and up to 4 travel companions on your reservations. This saves you $100 each way for a family of 4 checking 4 bags.
- You’ll receive 25% savings when you use your card for in-flight purchases of food, drinks and headset purchases – on American Airlines flights.
- Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back – up to 10,000 AAdvantage® miles each calendar year.
- Earn double miles on all eligible American Airlines purchases – that’s 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 you spend. Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases. This is not very lucrative since you can technically earn 1.25 AAdvantage miles through the Starwood Preferred Guest credit card from American Express.
- No foreign transaction fees
- $95 annual fee. However, the annual fee is waived for the first 12 months.
Important recent change for Citi Cards to keep in mind:
American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have had any Citi® / AAdvantage® card (other than a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card) opened or closed in the past 24 months.
This means if you opened or closed the Citi AAdvantage Platinum card OR the Citi AAdvantage Executive card within the past 24 months, you will not be eligible for the bonus.
With that in mind, the CitiBusiness® AAdvantage® card is also offering 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage®bonus miles after spending $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. So if you pick up both cards, you’ll potentially earn 100,000 AAdvantage miles.
This is a great sign up bonus to earn some AAdvantage miles without doing any flying. The 50,000 bonus offer is the best offer on this Citi AAdvantage Platinum card. The signup bonus alone is good for 2 economy domestic roundtrip flights, or one business domestic roundtrip flight.
Are you going to apply for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Card?
If you have any questions please comment below, tweet me @pointspointers or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org