Mercedes Benz AMEX Platinum Card 75K Bonus Offer
Today is the last day to apply for the Mercedes Benz AMEX Platinum Card 75K Bonus Offer. This is a great card and has the same benefits like the regular Platinum Card from American Express plus a few more geared towards Mercedes Benz owners. This card has a slightly higher annual fee of $475 (NOT waived) – which is still worth having the card for at least one year. You don’t have to have a Mercedes or looking to own a Mercedes to apply for this card. This card earns Membership Rewards points that can be combined with other membership rewards earning cards like the AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card or the Platinum Card.
Here are the details of the Mercedes Benz AMEX Platinum Card:
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® points after you charge $3,000 in purchases on the Card within the first three months of Card Membership. Offer expires 06/22/2016.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit. Select a qualifying airline and then receive up to $200 a year in statement credits when incidental fees are charged by the airline to your Platinum Card® account. This benefits applies per calendar year, so if you apply now, you can get $200 before the end of the year and another $200 at the beginning of 2016. Even though it clearly says in the terms and conditions that this credit applies to incidental fees only, many including me have had success in receiving the credit towards purchasing airline gift cards
- Enjoy complimentary access to over 800 airport lounges, including The Centurion® Lounge, Delta Sky Clubs®, and Airspace Lounges. You can also enroll in Priority Pass™ Select.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓. Receive a statement credit, up to $100 every 5 years, as reimbursement for your application fee for Global Entry or TSA Pre ✔
- Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status Enrollment. With Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status, you can enjoy benefits at hotels and resorts within the Hilton Portfolio and earn reward stays faster with HHonors Bonus Points.
- Starwood Preferred Guest Gold. Upon check-in and when available, you can receive upgrades to enhanced rooms with Gold status.
- The Hotel Collection. Stay a minimum of two consecutive nights and receive a room upgrade, if available and a $75 hotel credit on qualifying dining, spa or resort activities.
- Boingo American Express Preferred Plan. Enjoy complimentary access to unlimited WiFi at more than a million hotspots worldwide. Connect up to four devices.
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
Mercedes Benz related benefits:
- Receive a $1000 certificate each year you charge $5,000 in purchases, good toward the future purchase or lease of a new Mercedes-Benz
- Up to 2,000 excess miles waived at lease-end on leases through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services
- $100 certificate at renewal of your Card account, good toward Genuine Mercedes-Benz Accessories
The Mercedes Benz AMEX Platinum Card is a great card to get for at least one year in order to boost your Membership Rewards account. Keep in mind, in the terms and conditions of the card it says you can’t earn the bonus if you had a “Platinum Card” in the past or currently have one. However, many people on a few forums reported that they were able to receive the bonus on both the regular AMEX Platinum and the Mercedes Benz AMEX Platinum card. It makes sense since technically they’re different products and not the same card.
If you have any questions please tweet me @pointspointers or email me at email@example.com or comment below.