Free Hilton HHonors Diamond Status Match
From now until June 30th 2016 you can get free Hilton HHonors Diamond Status match to their top tier elite status – Diamond Status through this link. You get matched if you have status with any of the many hotel chains that offer elite status.
A great an easy way to match is through IHG Platinum status. I just matched the other day and all it took is me having the Chase IHG credit card. When you apply for the IHG credit card from Chase, you automatically receive Platinum Elite status and you get to keep it as long as you have your credit card account open.
Normally, to achieve or retain HHonors Diamond status, you need to earn either:
- 30 stays in a calendar year, or
- 60 nights in a calendar year, or
- 120,000 HHonors Base Points in a calendar year
Benefits of Hilton HHonors Diamond Status:
- 50% bonus on all the HHonors Base Points you earn.
- You are guaranteed a room when you make a reservation at least 48 hours prior to your arrival.
- Every 5th night free on Standard Room Reward stays of 5 nights or more. (also available for Silver and Gold members)
- Complimentary in-room and lobby Premium Internet access, during stays at Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Curio – A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Canopy™ by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, Home2 Suites by Hilton®, and Hilton Grand Vacations™.
- Digital Check-In: choose your room, and customize your stay from your mobile device up to 24 hours in advance.
- Late check-out
- Complimentary access to fitness centers and health clubs
- Two complimentary bottles of water per stay. (at eligible Hilton properties)
- Space-available upgrade to a preferred room (at eligible Hilton properties)
How to submit a request to get free Hilton Diamond Status match – If you have the Chase IHG card:
- Visit this link
- Fill out the form as shown here
- Select IHG Rewards as the loyalty program
- Type “Platinum Elite” when asked for your status with the program
- You’ll need to submit a screenshot of your account showing your Platinum Elite status
- You’ll also need to submit proof of a stay with the IHG in the past 12 months. If you didn’t stay in an IHG property in the last 12 months, it’s been reported that you can book a refundable stay and submit it and then cancel it after you get matched – not guaranteed to work tho.
My personal experience getting matched:
I submitted a screen shot of my status with IHG and a proof of stay at the Venetian in Las Vegas from July 2015. A few days later I received an email saying “After careful review, we are unable to process your request with the provided documentation as they are ineligible to compare against Hilton HHonors program.”
I had a feeling this had to do with submitting a stay at the Venetian as proof of stay. So I replied to the email with another screen shot of my Platinum Elite status with IHG and I explained that the Venetian is part of the IHG alliance.
A few days later I received the great news:
Getting matched to a top tier status of one hotel chain by carrying a credit card of another hotel chain is a pretty incredible deal. If you have the Chase IHG credit card make sure to apply for the status match now. If not, now is a good time to apply for this credit card as it is currently offering 70,000 points sign-up bonus.
If you have any questions please tweet me @pointspointers or email me at email@example.com or comment below.