SPG Gold Status With The Amex Platinum Card
Yesterday I talked about AMEX offering Hilton HHonors Gold status as an added new benefit. So now is a good time to go over the SPG Gold status also offered as a benefit from American Express Platinum Card.
SPG Gold status is not the most lucrative tier level out there but it’s definitely worth getting since it’s offered for free without having to meet the requirements to qualify. Normally, you would achieve Gold status after completing 10 eligible stays or 25 eligible nights in a calendar year.
SPG Gold status benefits:
- Earn three Starpoints® for every U.S. dollar spent on eligible stays — a 50% bonus over Preferred.
- 4p.m. late checkout, subject to availability at resort and conference center hotels.
- An upgrade to an enhanced room at check-in — corner room, higher floor, or better view.
- Your choice of welcome gift upon arrival – choose from bonus Starpoints, complimentary premium in-room internet or a beverage on us.
- Complimentary in-room, premium Internet access when you book on SPG digital channels. This is in addition to your welcome gift.
The benefits offered by the SPG Gold status are not bad especially if you get them through the AMEX Platinum Card. The status usually expires in February and if you continue to hold the Platinum Card, you will have to call American Express in order to reactivate your SPG Gold status.
If you have any questions please tweet me @pointspointers or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org