Last Chance For Starwood AMEX Increased 30,000 Sign-up Bonus Offer!
Last month the Starwood AMEX started offering new benefits and fortunately these benefits come with an increased sign-up bonus offer of 30,000 points
– Earn 30,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 09/14/2015
– Earn up to 5 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating SPG hotels – that’s 2 Starpoints for which you may be eligible as a Card Member in addition to the 2 or 3 Starpoints for which you may be eligible as an SPG member
– NEW: Enjoy free in room, premium Internet access while staying with SPG Participating Hotels. Booking requirements apply
– NEW: No foreign transaction fees
– NEW: Enjoy complimentary, unlimited Boingo WiFi on up to four devices at more than 1,000,000 Boingo hotspots worldwide.
The downside, these new benefits come with an increased annual fee from $65 to $95 which is waived for the first year.
A lot of people have been waiting for this increased sign-up bonus offer including myself because Starpoints are the most valuable points out there and a lot of experienced bloggers and travelers value them at 2.5 cents a piece. Which means the sign-up bonus alone is worth at least $750 which far outweighs the annual fee of $95 (waived for the first 12 months of membership)
Why Starpoints are so valuable?
First of all Starpoints are the most flexible points, they’re transferable to over 30 airlines. Some of which truly standout such as, American Airlines, Alaska Airlines and Emirates.
In addition to being a 1:1 transfer partner to several airlines, Starpoints throws in 5,000 additional points for each 20,000 points transferred. That’s an additional 25%! For example, if you transfer 20,000 points to Alaska Air Mileage Plan, you’d end up with 25,000 Alaska Miles.
This is one of the most valuable points and miles currencies out there and with this increased sign-up offer and new benefits. It is definitely worth giving it a shot as long as you can meet the minimum spend requirement.
If you have any questions please tweet me @pointspointers or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org